Sunday, March 6, 2011

Washington DC part 1


I have been visiting my sister, Louise in Washington DC since Thursday. On Thursday after I arrived, I took the metro to the my sister's apartment and waited for her to come home from work. When she came home from work, we went to a Alero, a Mexican restaurant for lunch a couple of blocks away. After lunch, we walked to the National Zoo which was about a half a mile away. We saw some lions, tigers, cheetahs, apes, pandas, zebras and turtles. Sadly, we didn't see any of the baby lions, but we might go back to the zoo before I go home on Tuesday.

Thursday night, Louise, and I went to the Owl bar in Baltimore to hang out with some of her friends, most of which I had met before. It was a nice and relaxing time.

Friday, we went to the Washington Monument, which is 550 feet high. It has some if the best views of the city. It takes a few minutes to ride the elevator. On the way down from the top, they stop and show you some of the interior commemorative stones that cities, states and other groups sent to be included in the building of the monument. After we left the Washington Monument, Louise and I went to the Native American Museum for lunch. If you're ever in DC and on the Mall, I would highly recommend going to the Native American Museum for lunch. Everyone that has gone there that I know has loved it. There have different kinds of Native American food that I'm sure anyone could find something to eat.

After we went to the Native American Museum, Louise and I walked to Capital Hill and the Hart Senate Building to get gallery tickets for the House and Senate. We then walked to the capital. Unfortunately, the Senate had adjourned for the day and no business was going on in the House. So Louise and I decided to walk to the Library of Congress and took their tour. The Library of Congress is a very beautiful building and I would recommend going on the tour. Louise and I might go back there before I leave to go back home on Tuesday.

After the Library of Congress, Louise and I went home for a little bit before going to our cousin's Elisha and Josh's house in Germantown for Shabbatt dinner. I finally got to meet their 6 month old daughter Michal. Michal is a very cute baby and it was good to see my cousin.



More to come on my trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment